Tuesday, December 8, 2015

"Dream big", by Amanda H

Hi team!

Here is my final share for the December. As well as my page, I am also sharing a TIP! :)

I sort almost everything in my scrap stash by colour. So all of my small embellishments are in these containers:
And inside you can see all the goodies, including LOTS from D-lish!

{if you want to see more of my scrap space, you can go HERE to check it out}

So, when I notice that I am running low on a particular colour, eg. black, then I do a colour search on the D-lish website. It helps me to find the perfect bits in the colour I need.

If you scroll down on the home page of the website, you will find the search window:
Go ahead and type in the colour you NEED (definitely NEED) more of, and hit GO.

Then you will get a few pages (or more) of your favourite D-lish embellishments, in the just the colour you need! Have fun searching and finding lots of treasures and beauties in the website!
I did this recently when I needed some more black and you can see that they have made their way onto my page share for today!
 
So here is my page!
 

To create my background, I used some DUSTY ATTIC CHIPBOARD - The String frames, and Mini number panel. I lay them on the white cardstock background and used a mist spray to create masked outlines. A few splatters of mist and I was ready to build my layout. I often machine stitch layouts to a patterned paper - helps to the lie flat!  Some of these goodies came from last months Just Add Paper kit , and you can still get bits from Past Kits HERE.


Here you can see the following D-lish embellishments:
  • Dusty Attic Chipboard Word Discs (inked black), found HERE
  • Resin Butterfly, found HERE
  • Paper flowers, found HERE, (I used Roses, Sweetheart Blooms & Sweet Petites)
  • Punchinella, found HERE
In this cluster, you can see that I layered the Dusty Attic Number Panel under the photo (after I used it as a mask, I inked it black to use on the page).
You can also see:
  • Skinny washi tape, found HERE.
  • Flair, from the After Five JAP kit, still available HERE.
  • Sequin bow, found HERE.
  • And of course, more flowers!
 
 
Anyway, thanks for looking today!
 
I will see you in 2016 {scary!}. Have a great Christmas and New Year!
 

1 comment:

  1. Just gorgeous Amanda! And thanks for the tip about searching the D'Lish website by colour - I'll definitely be doing it that way next time!

    ReplyDelete