Saturday, December 19, 2015

Christmas Gift Set | Sue Plumb

Hi D-lish fans! It's Sue here with you today for my final share of the year. As we celebrate the Christmas season, I thought it only fitting that my final creative share be something festive and from the heart. I created two of these gift sets for my wonderful work colleagues.


Each set features a handmade tag and coordinating dressed jar of my homemade strawberry jam. A simple homemade gift that I know they will appreciate.

I started by creating the tags using a piece of Teresa Collins gold foil spot paper cut to shape. I then created a layered embellishment cluster over the top.


Each cluster contains a mini coloured doily; cotton thread; a piece of red pip berry stem; deer shaped wooden button; various sized roses in red and white; a white pastel petal; white mini rosebud; red stamens; red resin flower; cherry blossom (from a previous Just Add Paper kit); and red adhesive rhinestones. I tied the top of the tags with some organza ribbon from my stash.


I then set about decorating the jars to match. I started by adding a circle of coordinating paper to the lid, and then layered each one with a white apple blossom and a red pinwheel bloom. The edges of the lids were trimmed with red two tone lace tape. (This tape is fabulous for prettying up jars, bottles, tins, etc as it already has adhesive on the back.) I then tied a wood veneer christmas tree bauble to each one using cotton twine.


So there you have it - a handmade festive gift made easy, thanks to D-lish Scraps embellishments!

I would like to take this opportunity to wish everyone and their families a very happy and safe holiday period. Thanks to Amanda, my fellow design team girls, and all of YOU - the wonderful people who provide encouragement and support to all of us at D-lish - for a fantastic year.
I will see you again in 2016.
Merry Christmas and happy scrapping! (Don't forget to keep those cameras clicking!) X

No comments:

Post a Comment