Thursday, December 17, 2015

Christmas Cheek | Sue Plumb

Hi D-lish fans! It's Sue here with you today with my first share for the month. As we are well and truly in the grip of the festive season now, I thought it would be appropriate to start off with something seasonal. This layout features a photo of my daughter during our Christmas photo shoot a couple of years ago, which is aptly named "Christmas Cheek"...


I decided to keep this layout relatively minimal, as the Teresa Collins background paper was already quite busy. I started by adding a patch of watered down Dylusions ink where I wanted the focus of my layout to be. I then added a 5x7 gold polka dot paper bag, which I cut into a banner shape, as the mat for my photos. I layered this with a piece of muslin and a white paper doily before adding my photos. (I raised my main photo by adhering some cardboard underneath it.)


To further place the focus on my photo, I framed it using a white pip berry stem, which I attached with a small gold peg from a previous Just Add Paper kit. Alongside the photo, I used a metallic gold script word flair button.


I further enhanced the frame by adding a white sequin bow over the top, and finished the simple cluster with a super cute deer shaped wooden button, which I coloured white using a paint pen.


To finish the layout I added a Dusty Attic chipboard caption (again, coloured white with a paint pen), and a small piece of a Journal It's journal spot alongside it.

Thanks for popping in today so I could share this layout with you. With just over one week until Christmas, I hope you are still finding some scrap time for yourself. If you are looking for challenge, don't forget our December Cyber Crop challenges were posted in the Scrap Suite last Friday and remain open for a few weeks to come. There are 4 challenges available, plus a kids only challenge (which is a great school holiday activity!) You can find the Scrap Suite HERE
Til tomorrow, happy scrapping! X

No comments:

Post a Comment