Thursday, November 19, 2015

You Shine | Sue Plumb

Hi D-lish fans! It's Sue here again today for my final share of the month. (I can't believe next time I am back it will be almost Christmas!)
Today I am sharing a layout I created based on this month's 'After Five' Inspiration Board challenge...

"After Five is stylish, sophisticated and oozes class. It's simple and pure...just black and white, nothing more and nothing less."

And here is what I created...


As soon as I saw the colour palette of the board this month, I remembered this photo I had in my stash - my daughter with her face painted. (It was funny, on the day I had watched other girls going up and asking for fairies, butterflies, rainbows...but not my girl. She just wanted to be a dog! haha)

The majority of the embellishments on this layout came from this month's 'After Five' Just Add Paper kit. (The main kit is now sold out, but there are still extra kit bits available in store.) 


Here, I used the paper doily; flair button; and the black coloured wire all from the kit. I also added a Freckled Fawn wood chip word arrow (coloured with a paint pen) and a piece cut from a Journal Its - Wordfetti sheet. (I love using these placed around my layouts!)


The title came simply from the wood veneer word from the JAP kit (again, coloured with paint pen), and also one of the small wood veneer diamonds.


Below and to the right of my photo, (also from the kit) is more paper doily; a black sequin bow; black diagonal stripe bitty bag; pieces from the Journal Pack; and even a piece of raffia from the kit wrapping. (EVERYTHING in these kits is useful!)


You can see how I used the bitty bag to tuck my handwritten journal card in behind my photo. You can also see on the main layout photo how I ran a strip of the washi tape from the kit down the side.
(Papers used on this layout are by Glitz Design and Bo Bunny.)

Thanks for stopping by today. I hope I have inspired you to enter this month's Inspiration Board challenge if you haven't already. There is a store voucher up for grabs for this month's winner, along with a randomly drawn Just Add Paper kit for another entrant.
Til next month, happy scrapping! X


No comments:

Post a Comment