Thursday, November 26, 2015

Memo to Myself | Krisy Podolak

Hi, It's Krisy back again today. 
 It's no secret I love a bit of mixed media so the layout I'm sharing today is just that.
Mixed media can seem a bit daunting but to be honest its all trial and error and lots of layers.  This layout I created for the White + One Colour challenge. This month the colour was GRAPE.


My background is a wash of Purple Dylusions ink to start and then I added the layers.  A layer of Gyprock tape (you can pick this up from Bunnings), then some modelling paste applied through the SFX Rose Stencil.  Once this was dry I added more details through a square stencil.  Once it was dry, I added my embellishments.  Some white roses break up the purple a bit. I added some more white details in the form of the chipboard roses that I just coated in a layer of Gesso.  There is some typed journalling, thread and Rhinstones.  The layout was not finished without a Sequin bow. My favourite!

Here are some up close details...



1 comment:

  1. This is amazing krisy. Love all those mixed media layers.

    ReplyDelete