Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Love This | Sue Plumb

Hi D-lish fans! It's Sue here again with a more "traditional" 12x12 layout to share with you today.
This layout features a photo of my children on a day when my daughter decided it would be fun to dress up her twin brothers as fairies to play with her. (A great excuse to feature flowers and pink on a page with boys, I say!)



Contrary to my usual style of featuring a patterned paper background over a cardstock base, this layout was done in reverse. I cut my white cardstock down to 11x11 and created a background using a stencil and texture paste, which I then coloured with a watercolour effect. This background was then applied to my 12x12 patterned paper base. (Paper by Prima.)

I used so many gorgeous D-lish embellishments on this layout - I wonder if you can spot them all?



Pictured in this cluster alongside my photo is a silver foil doilypaper flowers - rose, cherry blossom, and forget me not; silver coloured wirelayered feathersJournal Its - arrow word tab; glitter washi tape; and silver punchinella.



I used more of the silver foil doily layered below my photo, and included more paper flowers across the page. I used the same flowers as I did previously, but also added a pink oriental lily. I added a silver sequin bow for some extra interest and more silver coloured wire which I attached with small staples. (The title is a silver Heidi Swapp sticker.)



My journaling was handwritten on a small grey tag, which I tucked inside a woodgrain print vellum bag. (Both of these items were from previously released Just Add Paper kits.) I tied the end with a small snippet of cotton twine. I layered another small piece of punchinella and a Journal Its date tab.



To finish off, I added a flair button from one of my favourite ever flair sets (Which Way Words) and a sprinkling of silver hearts I punched from some scrap glitter card.

Thanks for stopping by today so I could share this with you. I will be back again tomorrow with my last creation for the month. Until then, make sure you stop by the store and check out the new arrivals and restocks! (Some old favourites in new colours and some exciting new lines too.) Happy scrapping!


1 comment: