Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Cute (and easy!) Card Set | Sue Plumb

Hi D-lish fans!
It's Sue here with you today and I am kicking off my posts this month with something a little different from me - a set of cute cards I created recently. You will see that I used the same basic set of materials and rough design for each card, which made them nice and easy to create in a short amount of time.


I started each one with a blank square kraft coloured card and then added a simple cluster of embellishments to the front. Each cluster included a paper doily, some die cut pieces of glitter cardstock, a printed die cut, flair buttonwood veneer piece and cotton thread.

This first card features a watercolour script flair button from the previously released 'Peach Kisses' Just Add Paper kit. I paired it with a gorgeous little wood veneer deer to create the sentiment "love you dear". (I kept all my wood veneer pieces raw on these cards, as they worked beautifully with the kraft bases.)


This "celebrate" card could be used for a number of occasions, and being green is also gender neutral. The celebrate sentiment was cut from the Journal-It Cardfetti - His Birthday sheet. Cardfetti sheets provide a quick and easy way to add all types of sentiments to cards (and are handy to to add to layouts as well!) The flair button on this card is from the 2015 Script Words - Painted set, and the wood veneer is by Freckled Fawn.


My final "you complete me" card follows the same basic design principles as the previous cards, with each being based upon a small paper doily. (The doily pictured here is the 3.5" star doily - I prefer to use this design for cards that may be destined for a male recipient.) The flair button pictured here is from the Sweetly Scripted - Love Notes set and the wood veneer heart is one from a pack of 10 , which makes them great value!


I am really happy with how these cards came out and will definitely be making more. (And that is coming from someone that doesn't dabble in cards too often!) By using the same basic design and materials with only slight variations, you can create your own stash of ready-made cards in no time at all! Why not gather up some supplies and make some yourself?

I will be back tomorrow to share my next D-lish project with you. Until then, happy scrapping!


No comments:

Post a Comment