Friday, November 27, 2015

Ballet Shoe - An Off The Page Project | Krisy Podolak

Today is my last share for this month and I decided to show you a little off the page project I have been working on.  This project shows how versatile D-lish goodies can be.  They aren't just for Scrapbooking.

 I had this idea earlier this year and spent a few months searching out my main ingredient - Ballet Shoes.
I am not a dancer, never have been.  I've never even tried on a pair of ballet shoes.  But I have a secret obsession with Ballerinas and even more so after seeing the Russian Ballet of The Ugly Duckling in Moscow a few years ago.
I managed to find some second had Blochs (Fancy brand name) Ballet slippers as a great price, perfect for my idea.

I should note here, until about 8 weeks ago I had only heard of Frozen.  I had no desire to know what all the fuss was about but then my mum decided to by the movie for my daughter.  I have now watched it on average 6 times a day - nearly every day since.  And my daughter has a whole collection of "Princess" dresses that she regularly wears - EVERYDAY! 
I started this shoe before I had seen the movie and without knowing - it was totally ELSA. So, I added some Elsa inspiration to finish it all off.


To put this together, covered the shoe in paper strips and pearl shine then I added decorated details.  Pearl strings, glitter and of course D-lish flowers.  Roses in white and blue and some wax blossoms.  I then added some snowflake buttons I managed to buy on a garage sale site.  The shoe was not complete without a Sequin bow.

Here's some close ups...



I'm not one hundred percent sure how I will display these.  Whether I will shadow box frame them or add some sort of hanger.   What do you think?  I'd definatly love some ideas. Feel free to leave your ideas in the comments.


No comments:

Post a Comment