Saturday, October 17, 2015

Super Star | Sue Plumb

Hi D-lish fans! It's Sue here with you today, and I can't tell you how excited I am to be back for another term at D-lish Scraps! I am looking forward to sharing more of my creations with you and hopefully inspiring you along the way with your own creative pursuits.

The first project I am sharing this month is a layout I created about one of my boys, who recently underwent a series of castings on his legs to help with a medical condition. 



I wanted this layout to be all about the journaling, as I feel it is the story that is most important feature of this layout. I already had a rough idea of the design in my head, so I started by printing my journaling on the patterned paper and went from there. I popped a cute little D-lish Dot enamel heart shape at the end of it.



To tie in with the idea of the journaling being the most important feature, I kept the layout clean & simple and wanted the wood veneer title (from a previous Just Add Paper Kit) as the standout embellishment. I coloured it black using a Sharpie pen.



I added a simple cluster of embellishments next to my photo - green Dip Dye Printed Tag, green D-lish Dots, and a cute flair button from a previous Just Add Paper Kit.



To finish the layout I added a strip of washi tape and a couple of pieces from the Journal It's Wordfetti - Boy oh Boy sheet, which I adhered with staples. 
Papers used on this layout are by Crate Paper; Heidi Swapp and a Kaisercraft Captured Moments pocket card.



Thanks for stopping by today so I could share my project with you. 

If you are looking for even more inspiration this weekend, the D-lish Scraps Cyber Crop kicked off last night over in the Facebook group The Scrap Suite. There are 4 challenges from the Design Team on offer (including a sketch challenge from me!), each with a randomly drawn store voucher up for grabs. We would love for you to join us.
Til tomorrow, happy scrapping!


No comments:

Post a Comment