Sunday, October 25, 2015

Little Mans 1st Birthday | Krisy Podolak

Hi D-lish lovelies,
This is Krisy and I am new here to the D-lish Design Team. I am so excited to spend the next six months sharing my creations. So let's get on with it.


My first layout I have created using the October Just Add Paper Kit - Summer Fiesta.  These Just Add Paper kits are hard to get hold of and to be honest it's the first one I've ever managed to get hold of (just so you know we get no special favours on these kits and have to be quick just like everyone else).  I now know why they are so popular.  They make putting layouts together so easy and there are so many bits in them. You can actually put together a few pages from the contents of one kit. You can add paper (as the title suggests) or you can mix it up with some mixed media.  For todays layout I am sharing I  have used the kit and paper.  I also have put together a layout using more of the kit and mixed media instead of paper.  I will share this one tomorrow.  It is close to the end of the month so, you might be able to still pick up some bits of this kit as separate pieces in the D-lish store.


This layout is called Little Mans 1st Birthday.  The red and blue colours matched my sons birthday theme colours perfectly but then I decided to use a black and white series of photos so it didn't really matter but at least I know.

For this layout I drew inspiration from the Moodboard especially the pinwheels.  I created little pinwheels from the washi tape.  They are so easy to do and are so cute.  I used one of the Kit Bit - Journal tabs to create a little signpost marker by attaching it to a toothpick.



I felt the straw was too bulky to attach as is so I cut it in half length ways and used it to frame my photos.

The papers I picked are from a Ruby Rock It collection and I fussy cut the blue glitter chevrons to add a bit more detail.
This wasn't overly complicated layout to put together and was made even easier by the fact that 99% of it was all supplied to me in a bag.  Keep an eye out and set your reminders so you don't miss out on next months Just Add Paper kit.
This months moodboard is fun and bright and makes for a great birthday layout.  So, if you haven't already get inspired and share your creation over on the D-lish Scraps blog.  You have until the 31st to be in the draw.




1 comment:

  1. Krisy I love this. Those colours look so amazing together. Can't wait to see your next posts:)

    ReplyDelete