Monday, October 19, 2015

Home at Last | Sue Plumb

Hello again D-lish friends!
It's Sue here with you for the final time this month. Today I am sharing a layout I created featuring a photo of my boys when they finally came home from hospital (10 weeks after being born). For this one I wanted to create something soft and pretty, because I don't think you can get anything more deserving than a newborn (or two!)



I started by finding some papers I thought would do the job, and then set about raiding my D-lish stash for the perfect embellishments to go with them. (The papers used on this layout are a mix of Studio Calico; Kaisercraft and Websters Pages.)

In this cluster beside my photo I used a Pinkfresh Studio - Up in the Clouds gold foil die cut; a flair button; a gorgeous Green Tara mini heirloom flower; a paper rose and a Forget Me Not. (Don't be afraid to use touches of pinks or peach on baby boy layouts!) I also attached a Journal It's - Wordfetti strip to my photo with a small gold wooden peg.



This next cluster features more beautiful paper roses (because you just can't go past the classics!); my favourite grey paper doilyPinkfresh Studio - Up in the Clouds gold rub ons; D-lish Dotswashi tape; and a Freckled Fawn Wood Chip arrow word (coloured with gold paint pen). I love the way all these elements combine.



For my final cluster, I repeated the same grey paper doily, paper blooms, washi tape, rub-ons and D-lish Dots as I had used previously. This time, I also added some more strips cut from a Journal It's - Wordfetti, a handmade heart embellishment from my stash, and finished it all off with a gorgeous gold sequin bow. (These bows make me happy!)



Thank you so much for joining me today, I look forward to sharing again with you next month. In the meantime don't forget to keep visiting the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team have been creating - I promise there is lots of inspiration to come.
Til next time, happy scrapping! 


3 comments: