Monday, October 26, 2015

Hello Sunshine | Krisy Podolak

Hi D-lish Lovelies.
It's Krisy back with you today to share my second layout I made using this months Summer Fiesta - Just Add Paper Pack.  Rather than adding paper, I added ink and created my own mixed media background.

The photo I have used is of my daughter, Autumn.  The photo does not scream 'I'm a girl' because of the blue of the bath seat she is sitting in.  So, I had two options - make the photo black and white or embrace the blue and somehow make it more girly.

I decided to embrace the blue.  There are so many things in the D-lish store that I could use to make the layout more girly. I decided that I would use the white apple blossom, the tiny metallic blue roses and the yellow mini roses from the Just Add Paper Pack and to that I would add some blue and white wax blossoms.

For my background, I applied a wash of yellow ink to a pre-prepared piece of cardstock.  By pre-prepared I mean I had applied a layer of Gel Medium to the entire page.  Gel Medium creates a waterproof barrier that stops the ink from being absorbed into the cardstock.  Once that had dried, I stamped the word 'happy' on either side of where I was going to place the photo.

To frame the photo and to add a little more colour, I used some Pip Berry stems.  These are so easy to use and add something a bit special to any layout.  I also made some washi tape flags that I strung across the page using some of the blue twine from the Just Add Paper kit. I then added a sequin glitter bows - no girly layout is complete without one of those. 


The wood veneer title is also from the Just Add Paper Kit.  I coated it in gesso to give the colour something to stick to, and then painted it with acrylic paint.  Once it had dried, I randomly touched it to my embossing ink paper which is extremely dry (I am in dire need of a new one), then I brushed on some Gold Perfect Pearls to create a mottled sunlight effect.


The Just Add Paper Kit is so versatile and I think I have enough left over to make a few more layouts.  I will be back tomorrow to share my final layout for the month, its something that didn't come together as planned and is bit different so be sure to check back tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment