Friday, September 25, 2015

Sweet - with Katie

Good Morning and happy Friday! Today brings with it the beginning of my last shares for D-lish Scraps. Wow! A year has flown past so quickly, and while it is sad to be moving on, I am sure that the wonderful Amanda will have some fabulous new people to inspire you next month. And I for one cannot wait to see who they are!

But before we get there, I have a few final shares to show you, and hopefully inspire you one last time. My first page this month has been inspired by the current cyber crop challenge set by Carol. This one was to use non-conventional materials to stamp with or use as masks/stencils. Now I like a good challenge, and I restricted myself even further to only using D-lish goodies, and this is what I came up with:


Now, can you guess what materials I used and how?!  Well, I started with some punchinella and used it with some distress ink (the pretty new coral colour), and I also used it with some texture paste for a layered effect.

Next I grabbed some mini doilies and placed them around my page and sprayed over them, so used them as masks. The great thing about doing this is I used white ones that are now a lovely shade of mint and ready to be used on another project! And the also work with the cute doily tags that are new in the shop too!


Here you can see the little black dots a little closer. To do these I glued a sequin onto the end of a paintbrush and used it as a stamp, you can see the shape came out pretty well too!

 Can you see the pretty coral tulle under my photo? Well I used this to stamp also, just with some black ink to add to the layering and provide some contrast.


You can probably see some of my other favourites being used on the page too! I have a 5x7 paper bag, Flair Button, Journal It's (both for journalling and recording my date!), Resin Bow, Freckled Fawn wood veneer, Pink Fresh Studio enamel frame, Dusty Attic chipboard, and also from a previous kit the cute little sequin jar.

So who would have guessed that there were so many D-lish products that could be used to stamp with or used as masks?! You still have time to enter the challenge over on the Facebook group, to join click the button and check out all the wonderful challenges.

Thanks for stopping by,



Katie x

No comments:

Post a Comment