Sunday, September 27, 2015

Love This - with Katie

So, as Sunday is the last day of the weekend this is my last post with D-lish Scraps. It has been a wonderful time shared with some amazing designers and an outstanding boss! Thanks Amanda for giving my this opportunity and you know that I will continue to be a supporter of all your goodies.

So, for my final share I have a fun page created using primarily bitty bags and mini doilies for colour. I think this page is all about using my favourite things and a little bit of experimenting!

 The bitty bags are great for layering, and since my photos were fairly neutral in colour, I could use plenty of colour behind them. I then picked some of the same colours from my mini doily collection to layer with the bags, and also create a visual triangle to draw your eye around the page.


I pulled out this sweet wood veneer heart and decided to bling it up with sequins. It was a simple process of covering the heart with a good tacky glue and then layering the sequins in rows in shape with the heart. And I have to say I am pretty pleased with the result!

 Chipboard words are a great way to add a title without trying, this one is from Memory Maze, but there is plenty to choose from in the store! Here I coloured the chipboard with black ink to make it stand out, much quicker than painting. Also sticking out from behind my photos is a Journal It journal spot, my go to favourite way to journal! Have you got your hands on some of the enamel shapes yet? The sweet little heart is from one of the packs. I love these shapes for adding little bits of colour in amongst the layers.


Sprinkled around the page are tabs from various monochrome journal packs, these are great way to create more layering, and I even created file folders (of sorts) by sealing the top of the bitty bags to create a rectangular shape and stapling on the tabs. If you find that you don't have quite the right words on the tab simply add a word sticker (or even wordfetti) over the top, or even create what you want from your motex labeller! To finish off I have added a sweet resin heart onto one of the tabs to continue the heart motif on the page. You can also see the soft pink hearts in the background, created using a Scrap FX stencil and distress ink.

That completes my shares for this month and my time at D-lish Scraps, thanks for joining me on this journey and I will be sure to be around in the Scrap Suite!




Katie x


No comments:

Post a Comment