Thursday, September 17, 2015

Love Life | Sue Plumb

Hi D-lish fans! It's Sue here with you today for my first Design Team share this month. I am starting with a layout I created based on this month's "Take Flight" Inspiration Board Challenge.
First, here is a reminder of the board...

"Take Flight is all about setting yourself free and loving the life you live. With the boldness of teal and the subtle peach tones, what better to compliment them than an elegant dash of gold."

And here is what I created...


Besides the gorgeous colour palette featured on the board, I also chose to use the sketch (although you can see I did shuffle a few elements around). These photos of my daughter flying her kite immediately came to mind as soon as I saw the title of the board. 

I used a number of items from this month's (now sold out) Take Flight Just Add Paper kit on my layout. These include gold foil doily; feather print washi tape; flair badge; Corbett Creations swallow wood veneers; ombre journal tag; handmade foil & vellum feather embellishment; and Green Tara mini heirloom flower. (There are still a number of extra kit bits still available in the store, you will find them HERE)


You will note that I even included the tag from the kit packaging on my layout. (It was too pretty not to!) The gold punchinella from the kit was also used, but instead of adhering it directly to my layout, I used it as a stencil to add some subtle inking to my background paper. 
The best part is, I still have lots of items left from my kit for more layouts...I LOVE these kits!


In addition to the items from the JAP kit, I also used a few little D-lish goodies from my stash. These included Resin Forget Me Nots and D-lish Dots.


I hope I have inspired you to join in with this month's Inspiration Board Challenge. But just in case I haven't, perhaps a whopping $30 store voucher to the winner, or an October Just Add Paper kit for a randomly drawn entrant will tempt you?

I will be back with you again tomorrow to share another creation.
Til then, happy scrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment