Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Introducing Guest D-lish Designer | Jane Carrie

Today we're learning a little more about our current guest designer. Meet Jane Carrie! 


Where are you from? We live in Busselton in the South West of WA
 
Details of your scrapping journey so far ... About 10 or so years ago I started out wanting to make my own cards. A few years later I decided to give this scrapbooking thing a go & haven’t looked back. Because of scrapbooking I have found out and been able to record family memories and have also been given lots of old photos to preserve. It might be lots of pretty papers and bits & bobs but it can also have real & true meaning for the future.
 
Define your style ... Over the years if I have seen something I liked I would give it a go but more recently I have decided that what I really love is white space and small clusters. I will still try different styles though, otherwise how will I know if I like something else!
 
Where do you draw inspiration from? I draw inspiration from everywhere Magazines, blogs, life & of course all you other scrappers out there.
 
What is your go to embellie/s? I’m not sure I have a go to embellie although I do love my stencils & mixed media. I am more likely to go through phases. For example, my last D-lish order included some resin birds & I am LOVING them at the moment. I think there is one on every lo I have completed since. Before that it was flairs. And before that it was wooden arrows Smile
 
What is your creative trademark? I would have to say stitching. My sewing machine stays on my craft desk permanently & a layout just doesn’t seem finished until I have stitched something.
 
When you are not scrapping... I’m usually catching up on the housework I have been neglecting while scrapping LOL Thanks to a craft group I go to once a week, I finally completed a quilt for my daughter that I started 10 years ago. And I have now been inspired to try crocheting. I am currently on my second blanket.
 
What is your greatest achievement? Managing to keep my family fed & clothed in between scrapping Open-mouthed smile Last year I had my first published layout in Scrapbooking Memories and it was even on the cover (you know, one of the little ones on the side) That was pretty exciting.
 
Something fun about you ... It may be more weird than fun but I enjoy ironing. I do draw the line at undies but teatowells, sheets and even my dusting rags get the once over. When it’s sunny I put the iron cord through the laundry window & iron outside in the sunshine.
 
I am SO excited to be asked to be a guest designer here at D-lish and would like to say a HUGE thanks to Amanda for the opportunity..Jx

No comments:

Post a Comment