Saturday, September 26, 2015

Be Your Own Kind of Beautiful - with Katie

Thank goodness it is the weekend I say! I am hoping to scrap up a storm this weekend, now let's see if I can actually make good on that.

If you are looking for something to inspire you this weekend check out the challenges in the current cyber crop. My page today has been inspired by one of these challenges, set by Sonia. The challenge was to take inspiration from a picture and quote and 'run with it'.

The quote - "Be your own kind of beautiful" was my main inspiration (and also title) and I worked with some of the colours in the picture too. This is what I created:


Recently I have been playing around with brush script using water colours and I decided that the quote was something that I could play with, but instead of using paint I used masking fluid to write with and then added colour over the top. After removing the masking fluid I was left with the words in white which makes a striking contrast. And because this was so bright and colourful I decided to keep the rest of the page fairly neutral.


Here you can see a close up of my brush script inspired title card. Not perfect, but definitely one of a kind to suit the project! Not to mention fun to create.


I decided that I needed a little bit of interest on the background and used a Scrap FX stencil with a similar quote and some texture paste that I coloured using the same blue that is on the title card. Tucked up behind the photo block and title card is a pretty mini doily (fast becoming one of my new favourites!) layered with a sequin bow and a flair and some chipboard from a previous Just Add Paper kit.

The photos were layered on a cut up piece of a 5x7 paper bag, larger doily and some gold punchinella, these are all great things to use for layering. Then to this block I have added a little enamel shape, a cabochon heart and a chalkboard tab.

So, that is my take on the inspiration. I hope you have a look at the challenge too and maybe have a go, there is still plenty of time to get your entries in. To join the facebook group and see all the challenges and inspiration just click the button in the side bar.

Thanks for stopping by,



Katie x

No comments:

Post a Comment