Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Teenagers - with Katie

Hi There! Can you believe we are almost at the end of August?! This time of year is absolutely crazy for me, I have so many birthdays for family and friends, throw in Father's Day and my son's school fete and it is lucky that I come out of August/September in one piece!

So, what do I do to stay sane, well I scrap of course! So long as I can find five minutes here and there I am all good! And to simplify the process even further I use challenges to scrap to reduce the amount of thinking that I have to do. And where can you find awesome challenges? Right here at the Scrap Suite Cyber Crop!

The page that I am sharing today is for Monica's Tic Tac Toe challenge. I chose the row which gave me these criteria: Doilies, Stamping and Flowers. And this is the page that I came up with:

 I started off with a couple of pictures of my darling teenage daughter and the faces you get when you ask to take a photo (I hope that I am not the only one who experiences this!), and I stamped behind using a soft grey ink and the great hash tag Scrap FX stamp. I then had fun colouring in some of the extra squares in a random way with a water soluble crayon (although I didn't use it with water).
 

I decided to use some smaller doilies cut in half to create a scallop border to ground my photos and with the decorative edges it makes a really pretty border. On top of this border I stapled some pretty coloured tulle. Around the tulle I added a flair button, some pretty little roses, and used my motex writer to add my title (one of my favourite items from D-lish!). And I am loving the enamel shapes that I picked up at the birthday celebration the other day, this one matched perfectly!


I am really loving the new watercolour tags that have been added to the shop, and there was one in just the perfect colours to match this page. Here I cut it in half long ways and put one on each side of the photos to help frame them. Of course there is a journal it tag for my date included. I think the journal its are my other most used item! (Just ask Amanda, I am always ordering these and always in multiple numbers!)

So, that is my tic tac toe page, you still have plenty of time to join in on the cyber crop challenges too! You have until the middle of September just find the join our community button in the side bar to join the Facebook group if you aren't already a member. I hope to see your take on the challenge in the gallery soon!

Thanks for stopping by,



Katie x

No comments:

Post a Comment