Thursday, August 13, 2015

My Army Hero .. by Carol

Well hello everyone and welcome to my first layout for this month.

For my first post I turned back the clock in a way.
You know those pages we did when we first started scrapping.
The ones that are hidden away, well I decided
  to re-do some and what a difference. 
My scrapping has changed so much in 3 years.

This is a photo of my son when he first went into the Army. 
With him are my Mum and Dad. 
Dad is no longer with us, so that makes the photo more precious.



Punchinella, Punchinella, Punchinella how much do I love this stuff. You can so so much with it and when I look back I use it on so many of  my layouts, boys and girls. In this layout I used the silver Punchinella and coloured it with green paint. That's the beauty of it you can changed the colour, cut it into shapes, makes flowers out of it. Really its use is only limited by your imagination. 


You will see that I have used Army chipboard which is from Scrap FX of course. You will see that in the pack there is the Army sign which I used as part of the title along with the Hero word which is also from Scrap FX which comes in a pack with the words Courage , Brave and Honour..
I left the Hero word on the backing that it came with, great effect.




The chipboard steel and cogs coming out from the sides of the photos are also Scrap FX
I added some loose Mini Cogs sprinkled around the layout. The Tulle in the background I had to colour with some Dylusion ink to get it the right depth. More Punchinella in the edges.


The Hash Tag stamp was used on the background to add some extra texture.
The Flair 2015-Script-Words I used just 2 from the set, really suits the feel of the layout.
I love the colours on the chipboard pieces, red paint gold Inka paste and black archival ink.
I love my flowers and tried to keep them down to a minimum. Even the Army uses flowers for special occasions. 
I used Little birdie and painted them green and gold. Green Tara mini flowers and changed them to red and gold.




The rising son is also out of the Army pack from Scrap FX which 
 I coloured  with Inka Gold. 



Also in the Army pack was some dog tags and the rank which you can 
see I painted with the Inka Gold and used my brand new toy, my MoTEX writer 
to add his name and a serial number. 
Included was a truck, tank and some little guns, a really great set.
I love the Burlap-Button-Flower seen here, such a statement piece.

I know I have used some pieces that are not in the store but I'm sure if enough people ask then we may be able to get our lovely leader to order them in.

I hope I have inspired you a little 
till tomorrow  when I will show you my layout
inspired by this months inspiration board

keep scrapping 
Carol xx




3 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! But I think we should have been allowed to see the "before" lo as well :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Miss Jane. Hmmm not real sure that i want to share the "other" layout. lol lol

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete