Sunday, August 16, 2015

Meet Mandy Melville | Guest D-lish Designer

Today we're taking a moment to get to know our current guest designer a little better.
Introducing Mandy Melville!


Where are you from? I am from the beautiful Central Coast in NSW

Details of your scrapping journey so far ... I have been scrapbooking for over 10 years, since my eldest daughter was a baby, and during that time it has become not just my hobby, but my passion! It was my Mum who first introduced me to scrapbooking all those years ago after she attended a few Creative Memories parties. I immediately loved it and have not looked back!

Define your style ... I always find it difficult to define my style… I guess you would describe my layouts as clean and simple. I think my style can vary as I like to let the mood of the photos dictate the style. It’s important to me that the photo is the focus of the layout, and that everything on the page complements the photo/s.

Where do you draw inspiration from? I love browsing through scrapbooking magazines and blog-hopping to get inspiration. I enjoy joining in with online challenges as I think they can help get the creative juices flowing (The Scrap Suite is always a good place to start!). And of course I always draw inspiration from the photos… sometimes its just the colours in the photo, other times it’s the story behind the photo that I’m inspired to scrap.

What is your go-to embellishment/s? My go-to embellishments would have to be flair, flowers and enamel dots… You will usually find at least one of these on my layouts.

What’s your creative ‘trademark’? Two things that I almost always include on my layouts are layers and clustered embellishments. I also use my Silhouette Cameo a lot, mostly for titles, but also to create backgrounds and other elements.

When you’re not scrapping … When I'm not scrapping, I'm busy taking care of my three kids (aged 11, 8 and 9 months). I'm currently on maternity leave from my job as an accountant, and I'm enjoying having lots of time to focus on my family. Other things that I enjoy doing are reading, going on picnics with my family, catching up with friends over a coffee, watching movies with my hubby, and of course taking photos.

What is your greatest achievement? My greatest achievement is my family – like all mums, I couldn't be more proud of my children! In relation to scrapbooking, I distinctly remember the excitement of seeing my first published layout in a magazine! That was a few years ago, and now I am thrilled to have my layouts published regularly in Scrapbooking Memories magazine (I have three of my layouts featured in the current issue!). I am also so happy to have been selected for my first design team position earlier this year (with Stuck?! Sketches). And of course being offered a guest design team spot with D-lish Scraps is very exciting as well!!

Tell us something fun about yourself! Three fun facts about me - I married my high school sweetheart, I love love love Paris (I was lucky enough to visit Paris 7 years ago), and my favourite movie is Notting Hill!

Thank you so much for having me as a guest designer at D-lish!!

No comments:

Post a Comment