Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Meet Lauren Tomecek | Guest D-lish Designer

Today we're taking a moment to get to know our current guest D-lish Designer, meet Lauren Tomecek.


Where are you from? Originally from Victoria, Australia. I moved to the Gold Coast, Queensland nine years ago.

Details of your scrapping journey so far ... I was originally creating Artist Trading Cards (ATCs) and started displaying them in a scrapbooking album. I swapped to scrapbooking as my main hobby when I moved up to the Gold Coast. I'm lucky enough to have been part of some design teams, worked at some expos and attended a few retreats. I love getting to know new people through this hobby.

Define your style ... Eclectic. My style varies a lot depending on my mood. Sometimes it will be just layers of paper with minimal embellishments, sometimes there is almost no paper and just lots of paints. 

 
Where do you draw inspiration from? Scrapbooking magazines, blogs by other scrapbookers, challenge sites, Facebook groups.
 
What is your go-to embellishment/s? Paint and sequins, I think everything looks better with a scatter of bling at the moment.
 
What’s your creative ‘trademark’? I almost always mat my main photo, I just think it makes it pop off the page a little more.
 
When you’re not scrapping …. I'm running around after my one year old son, Harrison. I also play basketball and enjoy Pilates and Kangatraining.
 
What is your greatest achievement? Winning Best Exhibitor in the scrapbooking section of the Gold Coast Show, twice. :)
 
Tell us something fun about yourself! I am a very clumsy person, I constantly mis-judge doorways and am covered in bruises from running into things.
 
Thanks for learning a little bit about me.
 
Lauren

1 comment:

  1. Yay Lauren! Congrats on ur Guest spot - ur creations are always lovely! ♡

    ReplyDelete