Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Laugh - with Katie

Now before you go and think that I am about to do a comedic routine, "Laugh" is the title of the page that I am sharing today! Although the photos on the page do make me laugh!

Continuing on the train of thought from yesterday, I decided to take further advantage of the challenges available from the current cyber crop. I decided to go with Sue's sketch. A sketch is a fabulous way to whip up a page quickly or as a way to get your mojo flowing again. So let's start with what the sketch looks like.


You have to love a great sketch, and this one certainly is with plenty of room to "make it your own". The first thing that I did to make it mine was to replace the single photo with two smaller photos, and I also put my photo block and layered papers on an angle to give it the feeling of movement. So let me show you what I finished up with.


I love using the 5x7 paper bags as a base for layering with photos, they are a perfect size to mat 6x4's, or in my case two 3x4's. The bonus of using these bags is they come in so many patterns and colours! Have you checked out all the different sizes of paper doilies that you can get your hands on? I love changing up the sizes that I use to suit the page that I am working on, and when they are white they are so easy to colour to suit your page, most of the time I leave mine white to create tone on tone with my white background.


Sometimes it all just comes together when you find a chipboard word that is perfect for your title! This one is a Scrap FX and is great because it has it's own subtitle. Under my title is a coloured journal it (and you should know by now these are almost always on my pages!), remember that you can simply layer with these and you don't have to use them to journal on, and when they come in great colours why not?! Also layered with the journal it is a cute little resin heart, this one is part of one of the grab bags, a great way to get lots of colours. Can you see the subtle stencilling in the background? I used a Scrap FX stencil and some distress ink to add a bit of colour to my white background.


A flair button with words, another great way to add more meaning to your pages. This one was perfect, the definition of happy, pretty apt I thought! Journaling added in with a motex strip and it colour co-ordinates to boot! This is why I have motex tape in every colour! 


This little journal it is half of either a date or note tag. This is another good way to double your use, cut them in half and tuck just a little into your layers. These are a great way to add your date or even be a backing for flairs. I have also used some glitter washi tape to add some sparkle and dimension.

Another quick page that does make me laugh!

Thanks for stopping by,






Katie x

No comments:

Post a Comment