Thursday, August 27, 2015

Hello Lovely with Katie

Good Morning and welcome back for my final share for the month. Today I am sharing a page that was born out of my desire to actually use up some of the things that I had been buying (read collecting) and not really using. Most specifically I have been collecting lots of Pink Fresh Studio goodies from their paper collections to embellishments that Amanda stocks in the shop.

Now I know that most of the Pink Fresh goodies in the shop are out of stock, but this page may spur you on to use some of your "collected" items too. And I also managed to use some other favourites that are available!

So without further ado lets look at my page.


One of the first things that you notice with the Pink Fresh Studio products is their fun and whimsical nature oh and they are colourful too! So I tried to keep in with this feel on my page and splattered dots of colours with coordinating mists on my white background. After this I decided to create a block with my photos and some patterned paper strips and used the big hearts wood veneer by Pink Fresh to balance out the photo/paper block.


The great thing about blocks using strips of paper is that if the strips are placed a little apart, this gives you places to tuck and layer embellishments. I used some of the die cuts that came in the Up in the Clouds collection, but I also had room for other bits and pieces, like the perfectly matching felt bow and the little enamel heart. There are also some puffy border stickers from the Pink Fresh collection too.



I cut one of the canvas pocket tags in half to tuck under my photo as the title, these tags came from the embellishment kit that was in store a while ago, one of those things that I just wasn't sure how to use. I think the key thing to remember is that they don't have to be use the way they were intended! There is always room for gorgeous flair on a page and this one colour matched perfectly. I think this is one of my favourite sets at the moment!


I also love layering with journal its, this one came from one of the monochrome kits. Another example of using something in a different way than intended. Layered on this is a cute little wood veneer heart and another enamel heart.

Well there you have it, my attempt to use up some of the accumulated collections of which I seem to have a little too many! I hope this inspires you to use up some of your stash too.

Thanks for stopping by,



Katie x

No comments:

Post a Comment