Monday, August 17, 2015

Chevron Bag Mini Album | Sue Plumb

Hi D-lish fans! It's Sue here with you today, and I am starting off my posts again this month with something a bit different.

I recently came across a stash of photos from my daughter's 6th birthday party, and decided the best thing to do with them instead of creating multiple layouts was to make a mini album. I wanted the album to be bright and fun to reflect the theme of the party, so I used lots of colours and patterns.


The base of the album was created using 5x7 chevron print paper bags (red, light blue, yellow, lime and pink). I simply cut five pieces of chipboard (each measuring 5x6), slipped one inside each bag and taped the ends of the bags closed. Then I punched a hole in the corner of each and popped them onto a jump ring.

These are the items I used to embellish this project:
washi tape
glitter washi tape
paper doilies
- assorted Journal Its
Freckled Fawn paper clips
Pinkfresh Studio Up in the Clouds foil die cuts
flair buttons

And here is a closer look at how I used them all on the pages inside the album...






If you have never made a mini album before, I hope this post has inspired you to try making one yourself. (I highly recommend the use of paper bags as pages - it makes the process so easy! Check out the other colours and patterns available in store HERE)

Thanks for stopping by today, I will be back again tomorrow to share another project with you. Until then, happy scrapping!

4 comments:

  1. Love it! What a great idea Sue, you have come up with a fantastic project here and looks so easy too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely feedback Gail! I hope you will try this yourself - it really is made easy by the use of the bags. 😊

      Delete
  2. What a gorgeous, fun album....so bright and child-friendly.
    Love it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shazz, that is exactly what I was aiming for! Thanks for your feedback, much appreciated. :)

      Delete