Sunday, July 26, 2015

You Are My Fave - with Katie

Good Morning, and here we are back to share my first page using the embellishment cluster that I created yesterday. Now, to remind you this is what the embellishment cluster looked like:


Now I did mention, that these first ones that I made were a little on the large side, so it did take a bit of playing to find the right photo and design to work with the cluster. But a larger photo (one 6x4 instead multiple smaller ones) and some basic paper layering and I managed to make it work. I also had to be OK with the cluster overlapping the photo a little. So here is the page that I finished with.

 I was lucky that I had some Heidi Swapp patterned papers in the same kinds of tones as the cluster to help tie it all in! I also relied on the message on the wood veneer card to be my title. If you want details of the products used in the cluster you can read all about it here.


To create some texture on the page I used a Scrap FX stencil and texture paste in the corner, for a white on white look, as I didn't want it to compete. But did you notice that the circular pattern from the stencil ties in with the cluster too and helps to unify the page? I have also layered a couple of Journal It's here with a resin bird, again using circles to continue that theme.

 Tucked in behind the cluster, another circle, and another Journal It. This one actually for my journalling! Repeating themes/patterns/shapes like this is a great design principle to use on your pages.

On the top of the cluster I added in a Freckled Fawn paperclip star. It just happened to be the right colour and adds some more interest. It also helps to create an embellishment triangle around the page with the bird and crochet heart which are all in similar colours.

So, there you have it. A page created using a pre-made embellishment cluster as the starting point! Almost working backwards for me, but a great idea to help you "think outside the square". The other advantage is the page comes together quickly when you already have half the work done!

Tune in tomorrow to see the second page that I created using the other cluster.

Thanks for stopping by today,



Katie x

1 comment: