Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Thank Heaven for Little Girls... by Carol

Welcome back to my second post for the month.
Today's is one very special layout.

As I said yesterday I was on a retreat recently in the beautiful Hunter Valley. 
Whilst at the retreat I was asked if I would like to donate a layout to the family of the little girl in the photo. 
Unfortunately the family lost everything in the recent floods that hit the Hunter Valley. 
The family was lucky enough to find a couple of photos of this little girl  that were not damaged by the flood waters.
I decided that I would do this one.

This was such an easy layout for me, it required all those girly things that I love to scrap.
As I was at retreat I was a little limited with my stash but of course 
I had packed some of my D-lish goodies so that saved me.


           I used Roses and Carnations on this layout. Some I left white but some I added colour to the ends of the petals with my Gelatos. The Roses I left white but added some white glitter to a few for a different effect. The title from Scrap-FX " Thank Heaven for Little Girls" was just sensational so it was painted and I added white glitter.


A big polka dot bow and don't you just love the  double hearts, just so pretty and they come with 2 swallows in the packet..
Die cut out some gorgeous leaves to poke into the flowers clusters.


Distressed edges with bits of lace poking out from between the layers., splatters of paint on the background all finished off with some honeycomb stamping in the turquoise colour.




Heaps of fussy cutting of flowers and oriental fans to create the layers in the background. The Butterflies have been covered in Perle-pen to give that shimmery look.

Don't forget to take a peek at the current challenges in 

Till tomorrow
keep on scrapping
Carol xx


6 comments:

  1. What a lovely thing to do! And your layout is so gorgeously girly. I am sure it will be forever treasured :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mumma Magoo and it was such a special layout for me xx

      Delete
  2. Wow! All the details....this is so great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Frau Bermolch for the lovely comment

      Delete