Thursday, July 9, 2015

School Fun and inspiration board .... by Sonia

Hi Everyone!

I'm very excited to share my first piece as part of the D-Lish Scraps Design team :)

I have to make a confession: I've never scrapped my children's school photos. More than that, their school photos from years past are scattered throughout the house. At my last scrappy retreat I watched a friend build one entire album of her son's school photos. I think my kids may appreciate their photos a) all be in one place! and b) see that they are actually growing up (even though it feels like it's taking foreva, mum!

So this is the beginning of my school photos pages.



I was disappointed with the quality of the photos this year so I used a smaller image on this layout. Looking at all my recently organised-by-colour embellishments inspired me to create groups of monochromatic blocks. The bow in my daughter's hair inspired the sequin bows in the colour blocks.


I've made an effort in recent times also to use more washi tape. I don't own a huge amount and I really struggle to know what to do with it. The colour matching helped me with adding washi to my page. I also scattered some wood veneers diagonally across the page.

I then added other embellies: resin flowers, flair buttons, cherry blossoms, mini roses,  polka dot button, clip and an adorable heart cabochon.


I stamped one of my favourite quotes from a Close To My Heart stamp set.


The second layout is inspired by the current inspiration board, which is absolutely awesome! I love using navy blue at the moment. My JAP kit was still on its way but that didn't stop me. This layout is dedicated to our cheeky dog, Charlie :)


I loved using my 'Reel Life story' stamp. I also used cosmos daisies, muslin, flair button, twine, enamel dots and a doily, all from the D-Lish Scraps store.




Hope you enjoyed my first share. I'll be back tomorrow to share more scrappy goodness!


1 comment:

  1. Sonia your layouts look fabulous, my fave is the school one with the five rectangles.

    ReplyDelete