Friday, July 24, 2015

Rachel Lowe | Guest Designer Project Share

Today I have the absolute pleasure of sharing the layouts that our current Guest D-lish Designer, Rachel Lowe, has created with her stash of goodies. Rachel has scrapped up a storm and has 4 amazing layouts to share with you all today. Over to Rachel ...

I am thrilled to be a guest designer for D-lish Scraps in July and my aim as well as creating layouts that may inspire you but also to showcase the diverse and many embellishments D-lish scraps have to offer. I have to admit picking my product was a task in itself, being TOO much to choose from. I ended up creating four layouts and I hope they show how you can use embellishments in different and varied ways.


This photo of me and my youngest is one of my all-time favourites and I wanted to create a layout that was soft and expressed warmth (and love). I created a flower cluster using a mixture of a wild magnolia, wildflowers saffron and yellow rose buds. I also added in this cluster a wood veneer arrow (Love). I used the beautiful peach coloured paper clip with ribbon. On the journal block/title I have added a wood veneer heart and pearl cabachons heart. Finally I added the vintage camera charm.


I wanted to create a pretty but bold layout for these photos (of my very rarely scrapped husband). I just had to use the wood veneer LOVE frame and make the central focus of this layout. I added an inked feather which I had left over from the May just add paper kit. I then inked and finally I added a wordlet Love (hearts) next to the frame for maximum impact which I also inked. I used the blue washi tape left over from the February just add paper kit to add colour interest at the top of the layout. I then created a flower cluster on the second framed photo using wildflowers (aqua blue) and a wild magnolia (white). I used as the centre piece of the butterfly a yellow rose flower. I added an aqua pearl cabochon heart and for a bit of bling I added a turquoise sequin bow.


Having three sons' I am always on the lookout for boy themed embellishments. On this layout I have used two flairs exclusive to D-Lish Scraps. I am a fan of varied paper clips and the THIS paper clip went so well with this layout. I added a wood veneer frame, arrow and planes, the wood veneer frame being the focus of the layout. I used a tag to add a layer and I even made use of the wrapping that the twine comes in, far too pretty not to use. As a finishing touch I added a small journal block from the June just add paper kit.


After a recent trip to Europe with my daughter I have been attempting to scrap our highlights. I decided wood veneers would go perfectly with the dark background map page. I have used a wood veneer card, geotag with heart, camera (an exclusive in the June just add paper kit) and small string frame to highlight the destination. I used twine to create a bow in my tag, who doesn't love twine with gold in it!

Rachel 

No comments:

Post a Comment