Thursday, July 16, 2015

Meet Rachel Lowe | Guest D-lish Designer

I am thrilled to introduce to you our next fabulous guest designer here at D-lish, meet Rachel Lowe.

Where are you from? Hi my name is Rachel Lowe and I live in beautiful Perth, WA.
Details of your scrapping journey so far ... I started scrapbooking in 2006 when my youngest was born. My background in crafts is Folk Art painting and Quilting.
Define your style ... My scrapbooking style has evolved over the years and I love to try new techniques and design styles.  I would describe myself as a contemporary/classical scrapper, I love clean lines, layers and negative space.
Where do you draw inspiration from? My inspiration always comes from my photo (I cannot scrap without a chosen photo!) as my page tells the story of the photo in some way.
What is your go-to embellishment/s? My go-to embellishments are wood veneers, flair buttons and flowers.
What's your creative trademark? I inevitably always add glimmer mist or paint to my layouts.
I also love to use my Silhouette Cameo.
When you're not scrapping ... When I am not scrapping I am living a wonderfully chaotic life as a mum of four children. I also work full time as a Mental Health Nurse Consultant with the Department of Corrective Services.
What is your greatest achievement? My greatest achievement is my four children, what a ride it is being a parent!  In regards to scrapbooking having my work published over the years by Scrapbooking Creations, Scrapbooking Memories and Jot Magazine, it is always a thrill to have your work acknowledged!
Tell us something fun about yourself! I love to travel, Last year I took my daughter to Turkey, Paris and London (so many fab photos to scrap!). I am a passionate about photography and also I love my footy, West Coast Eagles of course for this Perth girl x

You can catch up with Rachel and see some of her fabulous work over on her personal blog here: In my World - Scrapbooking our Journey 

Rachel will be back later in the month to share how she created using her D-lish stash!

1 comment: