Monday, July 13, 2015

Let the Good Times Roll... by Carol

Hi everyone and can you believe that its been a whole month since my last post.
Today I am so excited to share a layout that I did at a recent retreat in the beautiful 
Hunter Valley of NSW.
I created this little beauty in a class run by the very talented Lisa Oxley.
I love the bright colours of Dylusions Inks but how beautiful do all the wonderful D-lish goodies look against the brightness of the inks.



I used a Prima Blooms stamp " free spirit" to leave the image of the lady and then added the Dylusions inks to the page. Using some water color pencils I finished colouring her in.
 I am so happy that colouring in for adults has become fashionable.



Scrap-FX chipboard title " Let the Good Times Roll " was just perfect for this page which I inked with black Archival ink.




When I added the flowers, I wanted to try and keep the colours of the flowers as close to 
the colour of the Dylusions Ink colours as I could. The flowers from left to right


 I used a Scrap-FX flourish also inked in black Archival ink along the bottom of the photo,
 under the flowers.
As the retreat was this year the 2015 flair in the silver was just perfect to sit atop the large teal flower. This is from Boutique-Elements Symphony-Shabby Chic collection which I sprayed with Dylusions to match. Then I did the same with a Carnation flower to match it. The green ones are also Carnations followed by a Oriental-Lillies



That's me in the photo, second from the left. You can see  I doodled around the edges of the layout with pen just to " finish " it off.

I hope you enjoyed today's post, I can't wait till tomorrow when
 I will be able to show you a very special layout I did recently.

Till then 
keep on scrapping
Carol xx


2 comments: