Friday, July 17, 2015

Kids Bag Tags | Sue Plumb

Hi D-lish fans! It's Sue here with you today, sharing something a bit different for my first post this month.

I am hoping *fingers crossed* that my twin boys will soon be off to childcare for a day or two each week, and knowing how important it is for everything to be labelled, I decided to create some cute bag tags for them.
(And just so she didn't feel left out, I made an extra one for my little miss too.) 


These were so easy to make! I used rectangle photo insert keyrings from the store (also available in flower, heart and square shapes). 
All you have to do is remove the plastic cover and cut the patterned paper (or photo) to fit.


I used my MoTEX tape writer to type each of the kids' names and adhered it to the paper. (I used black tape for the boys and silver for my daughter.) 


After that, it was simply a matter of putting the paper into the keyring and replacing the cover. I also added a bit of extra fun by adding robot and spotted heart enamel charms. To do this, I used a pair of needle nose pliers to open up the gap in the D ring enough to fit the charm on, then squeezed it closed again. (There are lots of very cute enamel charms in store, you can see them all HERE)


The kids were all very excited to get their new bag tags and they slipped easily onto their bag zips. (I will definitely be whipping up a few more of these!) 


You will find the keyrings (and so much more) in the DIY section of the store HERE. A great place to explore for gift ideas, or if you just love doing it yourself! 
I will be back tomorrow to share another creation with you. Til then, stay warm and don't forget to check out this month's special birthday cyber crop starting in The Scrap Suite tonight!


2 comments: