Saturday, July 18, 2015

Dream | Sue Plumb

Hi D-lish fans! It's Sue here with you again sharing my latest creation for D-lish Scraps.

Recently, I have been lusting after some punchinella to use in my mixed media projects. I hunted high and low for it at the scrapbook expo, but it was nowhere to be found. So what did I do? Mentioned it to the D-lish boss lady, and presto! The punchinella fairy waved her wand and it appeared in the D-lish store. (Thank you Amanda!)

{For anyone who doesn't know what punchinella is, it is also known as sequin waste, as it is the remnant plastic roll left after cutting sequins.}

Here is the mixed media layout I created using my new precious - punchinella...


I knew I wanted to add lots of layers on this, but also keep it looking soft and subtle. Here you can see just how many layers there are (and how fantastic the white punchinella looks!) All the embellishments you see are from the D-lish store.


I used a beautiful Watercolour PL Card from the previously released 'Aztec Dreams' Just Add Paper kit as my title, I simply fussy cut around the image. It matched perfectly to the watercolour background I had created. The small white flowers and the coloured wire were also items I had left from previous JAP kits.  


There were also some items from this month's sold out 'Superstar' JAP kit included too - grey spot tissue paper and those awesome self adhesive cork stars. The grey Hand Dyed Muslin helped bring the softness to the layout I wanted, whilst the torn strips of gold triangle print washi and pastel sequins, added extra depth whilst still blending well into the background.


Tucked away in the top corner of my layout is also some Pinkfresh Studio Gold Rub Ons. (You will see that I have applied them roughly, to achieve the shabby look I was after.)


I had so much fun creating this layout, and I think it shows just how many items from the D-lish store can be used in mixed media creations. (Not to mention, how far those Just Add Paper Kits stretch!)
I will be back tomorrow to share my final project for the month. In the meantime, don't forget to pop into the store and grab yourself some punchinella so you can see for yourself what a versatile embellishment it is!
Happy scrapping, shopping, or whatever you are doing on this Saturday! X

2 comments:

  1. Just beautiful Sue, love the punchinella 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra! I love it too! (I knew I "needed" it!) ;)

      Delete