Monday, July 27, 2015

Be Free - with Katie

Happy Monday, or should I just say it's Monday and leave it there?!

Welcome back for my third and final post for this month and also my final page using my pre-made embellishments.

The last embellishment cluster that I will be using on a page is this one:


 All the details about this cluster and it's creation can be found on my first post here.


And this is the page that I created. Again, given that the cluster was on the larger side, I decided I needed a larger photo to work with it best. And I also again used the wording on the card in the cluster as my title. It worked especially well with the landscape photo that I chose to use too. I took some inspiration from a page that the lovely Ros created a little while ago using a red background and some white stencil work. I really loved how that looked and the contrast it created so I decided to do something similar. I started with a blue/green (teal perhaps?!) background that more or less matched my doily. The tone on tone effect is a great way to created interest too.



The Scrap FX stencil that I used here was a quote and I decided that some of the words individually would be a great addition to the page. So I placed the stencil around the page and just put texture paste through a particular word. Doing this is a great way to extend the use of your stencils. To make it easier you can mask off the rest of the stencil using washi tape to stop unwanted bits being added. I didn't do this but it worked ok. I just loved adding the words freedom and happiness randomly on the page, and the white against the teal worked great!


I wanted to add some warmth to the page so I decided to use some of the new gold punchinella to my page. I simply cut some of in a random way (that is, not straight!) and tucked it under my photo and embellishment cluster. In fact I formed a visual triangle with it!



I used the title card as a space to stamp my date and I also added some kraft coloured photo corners to tie in the bitty bag from the cluster. I just love that little bit of punchinella tucked behind the cluster! The final addition to the page was the journaling strips at the bottom using gold Motex tape. This repeated the gold accent and continued that warmth I was looking for to tie in with the sunset photo.

Well that ends my series in creating embellishment clusters off page and using them. I hope that it has maybe sparked some ideas for you to try too.

Thanks for stopping by and see you next month,



Katie x


1 comment: