Thursday, June 25, 2015

Smile - with Katie

Good Morning! I can feel holidays in the air, how about you?! We are very close to the end of our school term here and I for one am looking forward to the later mornings and relaxed days. Especially so as my other half is also on holidays! Yay!

With holidays around that means more time for scrapping! More Yay! And if you are looking for something to do, why don't you have a go at the current Inspiration Board. You still have a few days left to get it done and the colours this month are just divine.


With the D-lish Scraps Inspiration Board you need to use the colour scheme provided (and really, why wouldn't you?!) and then use any other part of the board as inspiration.

What caught my eye was the bottom right picture:

I love the chevron lanterns and the pom-poms and decided to replicate this idea with patterned paper bags and coloured paper doilies, and as luck would have it, you can get the right colours at D-lish too! So this is what I came up with:

I simply cut my chevron bags (grey and yellow) in half and layered them with doilies in white, dove grey and slate. There was also two different sizes of white doily for interest. I love how this looks!

 The rest of the layout came together pretty quickly after this, layering my photos on top and embellishing around. The resin frames currently in the shop were just made for dressing up and I just happened to have some yellow paint, so I did a quick layer of gesso onto the frame and then coated it in the yellow and used this to bring focus to one of the photos. I just love using the Journal It's on my pages and I think they feature on almost every one these days. In fact I think I might have exhausted Amanda's supplies of some of them! (Oops!) I love them so much because their size is perfect and they are so easy to tuck into places to add to the layered look.

 I used a wood veneer speech bubble for my title as it also ties in with the inspiration board (this one is an older one from a Freckled Fawn set, but you can find others in the general wood veneer section). Choosing to use something like this as a title makes life so easy, no racking your brains for ideas once you have finished your page! There is another Journal It tucked in behind the photo with my date and one of the Pink Fresh Studio chevron wood drops. (These have sold out, but there are still some wood beads in the Up in the Clouds collection which are just as great to use!)

And there you have it. My interpretation of this months Inspiration Board. I think you need to have a go now, and make sure to link up your page in the side bar to be in with a chance to win!

Thanks for stopping by,



Katie x



No comments:

Post a Comment