Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Meet Lisette Smith | Guest D-lish Designer

Today we are getting to know our next guest designer a little better. Introducing Lisette Smith!



Where are you from? Hi everyone, I am Lisette Smith and I live in the Hills district of Sydney.  We have just celebrated our 25th Wedding anniversary and have two young adult daughters, well that’s what they keep telling me.  They are 21 and 18.  They are both at university so life in our household has changed dramatically this year. 

Details of your scrapping journey so far: I started scrapping in about 2000. My sister had done some creative memories classes, then we saw that a LSS had a free beginners workshop and it all started from there.  She isn't scrapping any more, but I am still going strong.

Define your style: My style? I love using bright colours and most recently love creating my own backgrounds.  I love experimenting with mists, gelatos, texture paste, stencils.  I could safely say that all my layouts in the last few months include one of the above.  I really like adding mist or texture to patterned papers.  My supply of stencils and mists/paints is always growing but I never seem to have what I want to use.

Where do you draw inspiration from? My inspiration comes from my family and most recently from a family holiday we had at the beginning of the year to Hawaii.  I love sunsets so my aim was to get a sunset photo every day of the trip.  We only missed one day, which was rainy and dark well before sunset.  It was so different travelling with the girls as adults as opposed to other trips when they were much younger.

What is your go to embellishment/s? My go-to embellishments would be the D-lish flowers and cabochons.  I love the variety of flowers available and it is very unlikely that you would see a layout of mine that does not have at least one flower on it.  I usually have a flower cluster.  I also love using the cabochons.  These are great to fill spaces and add that finishing touch to a layout.

When you're not scrapping ... When I am not scrapbooking I do a variety of other things.  I am very heavily involved in our local netball association.  I am on the executive committee looking after our associations umpires.  I also play and umpire and so do both my girls.  I love being part of a team and being out and about having fun while exercising.
I am also training to be a crisis-supporter on the phones at lifeline.  I love the idea of being able to give back to the community and maybe one day being able to help someone.

What is your greatest achievement? I suppose I have had a few achievements along the way.  The big one is having a happy and healthy family and two gorgeous daughters.  I am so proud to be selected as a guest-designer for D-lish Scraps.  I love all the D-lish products in fact most of the embellishments I use are from D-lish.

Make sure you pop back later in the month when Lisette shares what she has been creating with her D-lish stash. Her projects are sure to inspire! 

No comments:

Post a Comment