Friday, June 5, 2015

Meet Emma Zappone | Guest D-lish Designer

Today we are getting to know our next fabulous guest designer here at D-lish a little better. 
Meet Emma or as she likes to be called, Em ....


Now let's get to know her a little better.

Where are you from? I live in the very gorgeous countryside of the Clare Valley of South Australia. I've been married 20 years this month to a most awesome, understanding man, and we have 2 very lively boys aged 10 and 7. Living in a country community is the best life, who could ask for more!! 
Details of your scrapping journey so far: I have been scrapping for nearly 10 years now, and it has been the most awesome hobby/craft I could ever had come across. I have met some amazing women who have inspired me no end. One of these women I now call one of my closest friends, whom I have had the pleasure of working with in the scrap profession and in the last month we have just started our own venture in this industry. It has been an amazing time, with winning a few challenges here at the awesome D-lish Scraps, and also having been published in the honourable mentions of Scrapbooking Memories the last 3yrs in a row. Scrapping brings me such happiness, not just from the art side of things but also because when I scrap my photos from life I relive  moments captured, and enjoy it all the more.
Define your style: My style ... hmmm ... let me see, I have tried many different styles and techniques over the years, I'm always, always drawn to bright colours and all things slightly left of centre.  So because of this I really love using Project Life cards on my layouts, I use this instead of other patterned papers, I get a buzz using these because they have tags, quotes, and lots of colour and pattern. My pages always have a little mixed media also, I love creating texture on them. Is that a definition??? lol!!!
Where do you draw inspiration from? I draw inspiration from my family, and my everyday. My boys are such characters that I have plenty to inspire the scrapping taste buds. I have really enjoyed scrapping scenery of late, there is something special and arty about scrapping a photo/picture with nobody in it.
What is your go-to embellishment/s? I LOVE, like LOVE, flairs!! It's usually the first embellishment on my page and then the other embellies come second. Those seconds consist of a few wood veneers and flowers that D-lish has a plenty! Oh and I'm also obsessed with enamel dots!!!
What’s your creative ‘trademark’? I have just realised that I seem to finish a layout with a little paint or ink flick over my page. It always feels like it ties all the elements together. So I think this would be my 'trademark'.
When you’re not scrapping …. I'm thinking of scrapping! lol!!! I enjoy time out reading, spending time with my family, and any excuse for op shopping!!!
What is your greatest achievement? My greatest achievement is my family, but in the scrapbooking world it would have to be....this honour of being a guest designer for this fantastic little company that is D-lish! And the start of exciting things to come......
Tell us something fun about yourself! I'm the biggest nerd! I'm a Whovian (lover of all things Doctor Who). I totally love sci-fi!! Massive movie buff, And I can't get enough of really bad pun jokes! (Dad jokes are the best) they are really really punny!!They just totally crack me up!!! 

Hope you enjoyed reading and getting to know me a little more. 

Em. 

Em will be back later this month to share what she has been creating with her D-lish goodies. Make sure you pop back and have a look.

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant interview Em! It's exactly you! And yes everyone Em is fun, loving, vibrant and a little bit left of centre in real life!! Congrats on your guest designing. You will totally nail it!

    ReplyDelete