Saturday, June 13, 2015

Living the Dream ....by Carol

Hi everyone and welcome to my first post for this month.
I can't believe that we are already half way through the year. 
If you're like me I bet your'e wondering where has the year gone??

Today I am sharing a layout that I completed at a recent retreat in the beautiful Hunter Valley NSW.
This is a stunning photograph of a friends daughter. 
I love the backdrop of the rusty old car.


As usual I have added many bits and pieces of  D-lish goodies but wait...  can you spy that I have used some gold " Punchinella". I bet your saying but D-lish don't carry this embellishment, well guess what... keep an eye out because we will soon have it available. 
Woo Hoo !! yes the lovely Amanda has decided to stock it in a few colours.
I just love to add this to my layouts.
 You know the punchinella on this layout was silver but I wanted gold. 
It is so easy to change the colour.
Cover with Gesso, dry then add your fav ink, spray or what I like to use is 
Inka Gold.





I painted the Scrap FX tree with some green paint matching the colour to Sage Wildflowers.  The Blue flowers were beige so I changed the colour with some paint.


The Cherish gold flair looks amazing just poking out of the top of the flower cluster. I added some gold flowers to match the gold in the punchinella (love that stuff)
On the paper I added some brick work with a stencil and then slowly painted some Viva Gold special effects paste (my new fav stuff ) on each of them. 


The corrugated board was painted with many different colours to get the effect that I achieved with the last colour being a splash of gold distress ink.
I used the gold Gold photo corners on my photo.


I just loved this title when I saw it and thought that it fitted the photo perfectly and of course it is from Scrap-FX. I painted it to match the tree and the flowers. The Cogs are also from Scrap Fx and I decided to emboss them rather than paint them. I cut them in half and poke them into the flowers, the layers and around the edge of the layout. 



Loved the torn look of the paper,  edged with gold distress inks. I used some old brads that I think I purchased when I first started scrapping, lol lol. We never throw anything away.
Under the blue flower can you see the unusual embellishment, well its a rusty old bottle top. Yes, I'm serious, I picked up in a carpark and they go so well on this style of page. Cheap too !!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope this has inspired you a little,
till tomorrow
keep on scrapping xx

No comments:

Post a Comment