Thursday, June 18, 2015

Laugh | Sue Plumb

Hi everyone! It's Sue back here with you again today, sharing another of my projects for the month. For this layout I decided to go a bit freestyle and have fun with colour, to go with the fun, happy photos of my daughter.

Here is what I created...




To start, I wanted to create a sort of "patchwork" look to my layout, so I layered my papers and did some rough machine stitching over them. I also sewed on the 'happy' die cut from the Pinkfresh Studio "Up in the Clouds" foil die cut pack. To compliment the gold detail on the die cut, I added some gold doiley into my layers and used gold Thickers for my title.



I wanted some large, brightly coloured feature flowers, and the Little Birdie "Boutique Elements - Symphony Strawberry Fields" flowers were the perfect choice! These flowers all have gorgeous wooden bead accents and this one even had gold detailing. Alongside, you can see a yellow Cosmos Daisy and a white Bitty Bloom. The Bitty Blooms were ideal for the naive overtone I wanted to give the layout.



Clustered here is another die cut from the Pinkfresh Studio UITC pack, Little Birdie flower and Bitty Bloom; plus a journal spot from the Journal It's "Rainbow Heart Rounds" pack.



A gorgeous flair button from the "Woodgrain Hashtags" set. This flair set is such a fun, funky set and is bang on trend with the use of #hashtags. 



Also included on this layout is a wood veneer "Speech Bubble" (which I coloured using a gold paint pen) and a pink Freckled Fawn "Arrow Clip". Patterned papers are all from Cocoa Vanilla Studio.

That's all from me today, I hope I have brightened up your day with a burst of colour, and perhaps inspired you to inject some extra colour into your next creation. I will be back with you tomorrow to share my final project for the month. In the meantime, don't forget our monthly Cyber Crop is currently underway. You will find all the details and challenges in our Facebook group The Scrap Suite HERE


No comments:

Post a Comment