Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Friends | Sue Plumb

Hi D-lish fans! Sue here with you today. Can you believe that is is mid JUNE already? I can't! Anyway, I am here sharing my take on the current Inspiration Board Challenge, which looks like this...



And here is my take on it...


I LOVED the colour palette featured in the board - it's very dramatic, but the twist of yellow gives it that hint of happiness and fun. I used lots of the elements from the board to inspire me, plus used the sketch as guide too.

Despite how restrained this layout felt to me, I managed to squeeze on lots of D-lish pretties...



I was so happy to see one of my old favourites 'Wild Roses' back in stock recently. They are such a big, beautiful bloom and as seen here, the black ones provided the perfect feature flower for my clusters. Not to forget the supporting cast though - white Alder flower; yellow Forget Me Not; yellow sequin bow and a wood veneer heart (that I swiped lightly with white ink).



Yes, it's another white Alder flower, this time alongside a lemon carnation. I also used a slate paper doileywood veneer speech bubble; and some pieces cut from the Wordfetti - Everyday Moments sheet. (These are great value and so versatile for adding a little bit of extra interest around your page.) Last but not least, you can see I also used a yellow chevron 5x7 paper bag underneath my photo. The paper bags are a quick and easy way to add an extra layer to your layout.



Featured here is a Journal-It from the rainbow heart round set, yellow Forget Me Not, and yellow spot washi (from a previous Just Add Paper kit), all topped off with a flair from the Captured Moments white set. (PERFECT choice for the "Captured Moments" board!) Papers are by Amy Tan and Bo Bunny.

That's all from me today. I hope I have inspired (or reminded!) you to enter this month's challenge. There is a $30 store voucher for the winner, as well as a randomly drawn "Just Add Paper" kit for another entrant. (Just remember that the sketch is optional, but the colour palette must be used as is.) You can find all the challenge rules HERE

Til tomorrow, happy scrapping! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment