Saturday, June 27, 2015

Cat Selfie - with Katie

Happy Weekend Everyone! Time to sit back and relax and scrap too of course! And if you are in the mood for scrapping then why don't you check out the fun challenges over at the Scrap Suite June cyber crop. The great thing about these cyber crops are they run mid-month to mid-month so you still have plenty of time to join in and if you aren't a member make sure to click the join button here in the side bar!

So, yesterday I showed you how you could turn a sketch (from the cyber crop) into a card. Today I will show you my take on Cindy's fun Tic-Tac-Toe challenge.



The idea with a challenge like this is that you select a row of goodies to include on your page. This gives you control! You can choose the row that best suits what you have on hand or what you like to use. But, even better still, you can go back and do the challenge again and again and get something different each time!

I chose to do the bottom row - Multiple Photos, Chipboard and Flair Button, and this is what I came up with:


I have used two photos (even though they are the same photo!), chipboard title and stars and the flair button is pretty self evident! What I did notice is that I seem to have a thing for yellow and gold at the moment! But who can blame me, such a happy colour and you have to love a bit of gold in your life too.

I have used the hearts Scrap FX stencil with gold pearl texture paste to add some hearts randomly around the page, and I also (accidentally, but I ran with it!) ended up with a stamped effect where the stencil got dropped on the page after I lifted it off. Even though it was an accident I think the result is kind of cool. 

I used the gorgeous tissue paper from the Captured Moments kit separates as my background, combined with some plain cardstock. Layered under the photo mat and tissue paper is a beautiful gold doily (one doily cut in half and strategically placed if you want to stretch your purchase further!).

Finishing off the page I used some washi tape that came out of a past kit and it was a perfect fit with the gold, and it really helps tie it all together.


In this close up you can see one of the beautiful new magnolia flowers, this one is in apricot, so pretty! Also in the cluster is some of the new Dusty Attic chipboard, a flair button and one of my staples a Journal It journal spot.


I also used some Dusty Attic chipboard for my title. I coloured all the chipboard pieces in with my Wink of Stella gold pen, a great way to add some colour and a bit of sparkle too.  Don't you just love the glow in that gold texture paste!

Finishing off this cluster is a crochet heart and some paper roses that have similar tones to the magnolia flower. I think the roses were of the small size and came either from the yellow or orange pack.


So there you have it, my take on the tic-tac-toe challenge in the current cyber crop. Make sure you join the Scrap Suite and share in all the inspiration and maybe join in a challenge or two yourselves. It is the weekend after all!

Thanks for stopping by on my last share of the month. See you next month.



Katie x

1 comment: