Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Bunny Girl ... by Amanda

Todays layout share is one that took a little time in the making .... over 6 months in fact! I started this layout back in November last year at a retreat I was on but just didn't get the time to finish it. It's travelled around in my scrap stuff ever since but I could just never find the will to finish it off. I find if I put a layout away, often I never come back to it which is kind of sad, but I just need to keep that momentum flowing. Anyhoo, just last month while I was retreating with the same awesome bunch of ladies, a very dear friend set me the challenge to complete it. And I'm so glad I did!


Bunny Girl was made with the gorgeous Pink Paislee Colour Wash papers. I loved the diecut triangle piece and really wanted to make a feature of it. I overlayed it over the text sheet from the range and handstitched the inside of each of the triangles and around the edge of the page. To balance out the layout a cut some additional triangles from some of the text paper I reserved (at the suggestion of the same friend ... she's worth her weight in gold right?!) but this time mounted them above the photo.


My main embellishment cluster is made on top of the additional triangles and includes; an azalea in white, lillies, wildflowers, small roses, a pick 'n' place bow and a flair from the Polaroid Picture set.


My smaller cluster to the other side includes a repetition of the elements used on the other side. It is also important for me that each layout records the memories captured in the photo. I don't always like to add journaling if I feel it will detract from the page so quite often I add bitty bags under my photo mat and pop a journal card or tag inside. I made a tag out of some left over paper and simply stapled a twine bow on it. 

That's all for today but I will be back tomorrow with one final share.
Hope to see you then!

Amanda xx

No comments:

Post a Comment