Sunday, May 24, 2015

Sonia Cotugno | Guest Designer Project Share

Hi Everyone!

I'm very excited to share my projects with you for the first time here at the D-Lish Scraps blog.

My first page begins with a cream cardstock base and a gold polka dot vellum overlay. From there I used a variety of neutral, red and gold colours to create the page. I don't tend to use themed papers or embellies for birthdays, Christmas, etc. As you can see, the only thing that refers to birthdays is the title and the cupcake icon (and a tiny hint on my embossed tag).


The top left cluster includes hydrangea petals, an heirloom flower, sequins and a doily. Around the photograph, I added a kraft red-striped bitty bag for a journal card, a retro star clip, sequins and a heart cupcake ply icon. I embossed a handmade tag with a 'happy birthday' theme.


Next up is a card and a gift tag. I did try a little mixed media with these. Something I still only dabble in every now and again.


I first inked my white tag with two shades of blue and added the mint doily. I actually cut apart one the D-Lish Scraps handmade 3x4 project life style cards that was included in the Aztec Dreams Just Add Paper kits. I cut out the feather and distressed the edges.
I then added some gorgeous roses, sweet petites and the sweetest flair button. I finished it with a splatter of ink and grey/white double twine.


I wanted to continue a similar effect with my card so some of the same elements appear here as with the tag. I included medium and mini roses in shades of orange and yellow and added a couple of white fern leaves. I gesso'd the chipboard feather by Memory Maze, which also came with the Aztec Dreams Just Add Paper kit. (Can you tell which of the JAP kits was my recent favourite?!)

I finished the card with splatters of ink, some sequins and the most delightful flair button.


Thank you for stopping by and checking out my pieces. It's been pretty awesome to share my projects with you here at the D-Lish Scraps blog.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous projects - they really showcase the goodies beautifully....that cup cake is YUM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love your projects Sonia!!! :) xx

    ReplyDelete