Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Selfie - with Katie

Good Morning! I am back again today to share another layout with you, and it kind of follows on from yesterday's page.

If you remember I used a Scrap FX stencil on the background with some spray mist. Well, did you know that you can take advantage of all that mist on your stencil and create a negative print to use on another layout! This is what I did to form the basis of my page that I will share today.

 So you can see the doily like print in the pretty butter yellow on my white background, it looks great doesn't it?! It is a really great technique for getting the most out of your sprays and stencils. With such a great start on my background, I didn't need too much else to help finish the page off. I decided to cut up a 5x7 paper bag and create my strip along the bottom of the page and also the triangle in the corner. Remember, you don't have to keep the bags whole to use them!

I have used another Scrap FX stencil on the background too, the diamond one to add some texture and interest in a subtle way. I am loving all the great little stencils for doing this!


Layered over the negative print is a plain paper doily to give a subtle layer. Still loving the sequin bows, a great way to add some bling to a page, and there are so many great Journal It's there you can find what you need to add that special touch.

I have also used one of the great new resin frames, it is a great size to use to frame an embellishment or add a small photo. Inside this one is one of the new postage stamp printed wood veneers. Did you know that this size is also a perfect fit for a sequin bow?!


Finishing off with some flair and a blackboard style Journal It, and a little wooden heart and the page is done.

So, there you have it, another way to get use our of your stencils. I hope this has made you think twice about how you use your stencils and maybe you can get two for the price of one too!

Until next time, thanks for stopping by,


Katie x

No comments:

Post a Comment