Saturday, May 9, 2015

Secret Garden Door with Linda

Hello!

I'm here with a card that I made for you today, and I hope you like it as much as I do!

I was looking through my beautiful D-lish Scraps flowers that had just been delivered, and the way they fell onto my work-surface (after I'd excitedly ripped open the box lol), they reminded me of a secret garden. That's my inspiration for today's card.



First I created the cardbase, which was just white cardstock that I ran through my embossing machine, with a Tim Holtz bricks embossing folder. I then added Distress Ink over the top in Rusty Hinge, Fired Brick, Weathered Wood and Spiced Marmalade, with a touch of Walnut stain to really age the bricks. 


A lot of this ended up getting covered, but as you can see in this photo, up close, you can still see the bricks through and between the flowers, so I'm glad I put the effort in.

Next I made the door--for this I diecut a piece of kraft cardstock using Lil Inkers stitched dies, and then I added stamping with Neat and Tangled On the Strip--the woodgrain one.  I then added more distress ink and even a little paint, and some green gelato to make the wood look a bit more worn. I then added my beautiful Metal Box Lock from D-lish.



Next I set about arranging my flowers around--note to self, BUY MORE IVY!! It's so delicious, I can't wait to get more!

I tried to ensure I got a variety of colours around the place, without it looking too carefully planned.

That's it! I hope I've inspired you to look at your flowers and think about ways to re-create a scene that you might find them in real life!

Here are the products I used:

Brown Leaf 20mm
Ivy Vine
Alder Flowers-Periwinkle and Orchid

Heirloom Flower
Metal Box Lock
Cherry Blossoms-Cream
Rambling Rose Yellow and Light Pink



Have a great day!

Linda x

No comments:

Post a Comment