Saturday, May 16, 2015

Meet Sonia Cotugno | Guest D-lish Designer

We have a fabulous line up of guest designers here at D-lish and our next is certainly no exception. Please welcome Sonia Cotugno ...


Sonia has answered our hot seat questions so we could get to know her a little better.

Where are you from? Melbourne
Tell us about your scrapping journey so far ... I began scrapbooking 9 years ago when a scrapbook store opened 5 minutes from my house. It coincided with the birth of my first child. The walk to the store helped my son fall asleep in the pram and I was awakened to the world of pretty papers! After a couple of years, I moved into cardmaking while scrapbooking was sidelined. Two years ago, I was invited to a crop day with a friend and this sparked my interest in scrapbooking again. I've since connected to many incredibly talented crafters in online communities. 
Define your style ... My style consists of clean lines and simplicity. I often apply the 'white on white' look. I love white cardstock.
Where do you draw inspiration from? I draw inspiration from the amazing online crafting community - YouTube process videos, Pinterest and Instagram. I admire the works of Ros Madley, Alison Callcott, Tarrah McLean, Lizzy Hill and so many more. I also love using mood boards as inspiration. 
What is your go-to embellishment/s? Tags!
What's your creative 'trademark'? I almost always add machine stitching to my layouts.
When you're not scrapping ... I'm reading. I am a voracious reader.
What is your greatest achievement? Life achievement - my family. Scrapping achievement - getting an honourable mention in Scrapbooking Memories Masters competition 2015.
Tell us something fun about yourself! My kids still laugh at my jokes. But I don't know how long that will last.

Sonia will be back on the 24th to share what she has been creating with her D-lish stash!

1 comment:

  1. Can´t wait to see your layouts!
    Greetings from germany =)

    ReplyDelete