Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Meet Karen Jarman | Guest D-lish Designer

Today we are getting to know our current guest designer here at D-lish Scraps. Introducing Karen Jarman ...


We put Karen in the hot seat so we could get to know her a little better.

Where are you from? Brisbane
Tell us about your scrapping journey so far ... I started scrapping around 10 years ago, I don’t think my journey is different to anyone else. I was introduced to Creative Memories by a work friend and it all went from there. A few months after I started I ventured into the online realm and then attended a retreat. At the time I was so nervous, I mean what I was thinking going away for a weekend with people I had never met? Well all I can say is that weekend I made wonderful new friends and we are all still close now 9 years down the track. And of course we all still get together for our weekends away twice a year. 
My scrapping started out with scrapping my son Jacob. He is now nearly 18 year old (seriously nearly 18 I can’t get used to that LOL). I still scrap photos of him when he was little, I think I will always do that. 
My nephews are also a source of my scrapping it would be very rare for me not to scrap them at least a couple of times when I sit and scrap. My nephew’s often join me and are fantastic scrappers and have made some wonderful layouts and albums. 
This year I have decided to scrap about ME, I don’t have a plan or theme I just look through old and new photos and get inspired!
 Define your style ... Hmm my style has changed a lot over the years. My style right now is more of a direction than style. I am working to have a lot more layering and embellishments on my layouts and also delving into mixed media.
Where do you draw inspiration from? My son and nephews are a never ending source of inspiration! I also love watching YouTube, getting lost on Pintrest and Instagram and of course the D-lish Scrap Suite. 
What is your go-to embellishment/s? Flowers tend to be on a majority of my layouts recently. I like to buy white flowers so I can alter them to match to anything I am working with.
When you’re not scrapping …. I am working, spending time with family and friends.
 What is your greatest achievement? In scrapping terms being on a past design team for a chipboard manufacturer.
Tell us something fun about yourself! I love to cook but I am sure my family will say I rarely cook. But I do love it when I do. 

Karen has some fabulous D-lish laden projects to share with you all. Be sure to pop back here to the blog on the 12th to see what she has created! 

No comments:

Post a Comment