Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Making Pretty Stuff - with Katie

Or should that be making stuff pretty?!

Today I thought I would share a simple way to use your stash of D-lish goodness to make little gift boxes pretty. In this case I have made a simple pillow box using a cut file on my Silhouette (boy I love this machine!) and then dressed it up with some D-lish pretties.

I made my pillow box out of kraft cardstock, nice and neutral, but lends itself well to being dressed up, but you could just as easily use patterned cardstock or plain coloured. Oh, and there are plenty of templates out there for making your own pillow boxes, just google or go onto pinterest to find them.

So this is what I finished up with:


Dressing up the box makes it look so special, and you can apply the same basic principle to any gift box or even wrapped gift. Especially if you start with kraft as your base.


So, the background starts with a silver doily and to this I have added a manilla shipping tag, peg, a sentiment from cardfetti and a dyed wooden butterfly button.

Don't you just love the vibrancy that the coloured tulle creates?! I have cut a long strip and wound it around the box a few times before tying in a bow. You could also use some coloured muslin or twine here instead. And to finish off, some of my (current) favourite flowers - roses!

So, there you have it, something a little different and hopefully an idea that you can use next time you want to make a gift look extra special!

Thanks for stopping by and I will see you next month.

Katie x

No comments:

Post a Comment