Thursday, May 14, 2015

"Life is always better with Family " ....... with Carol


Hi everyone and welcome to my second post for this month. 

Well I must say that this one is way out of my comfort zone. This would have to be one very rare layout for me as it doesn't have a flowers in sight.
 So what do you do when you don't add flowers, you add lots and lots of other 
wonderful goodies from D-lish Scraps store.
As I used so many I will list them all at the end of the post....


These are my three children a very long time ago and I have to say none of them like this photo so thats one reason it had to be scrapped !!
With this layout I decided to angle the top layer slightly off and I do like the way it turned out.
I was after a layout that was fun and bright just like kids are.


          Hows this for a cluster of D-lish goodness, washi tape, metal arrows,wooden arrows, stars,enamel dots and flairs. 
The doodling around the page I did by hand using a Gel pen. 
                                               Cut out some layers and inked all the edges.


I wanted lots of primary colour on this page. The colour run was created by first Gesso, then I added a dot stencil then the colours. I used Dylusions for this and carefully added runs of colours down the page. Arranged all the layers of papers behind the photo.



Added some punchella to the layer and don't you just love the wire framing the photo.




All the the little wooden arrows were coloured with paint and I did a couple of coats to give it a good coverage. Added stars and "WOW" to the top of the photo to finish it off.
The title came from different collections that I had leftover in my stash.

The D-lish goodies that I have used....

Thanks for stopping by
and I look forward to seeing you all tomorrow for my last post this month
Carol xo

4 comments:

  1. This layout is just awesome!! I love the colours - bright and glorious! And the mixture of texture is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mumma Magoo, I so appreciate your lovely comment

      Delete
  2. This is just super cool layout!! My fave Carol!!! I love how you did all the details, the colors are amazing...Gorgeous paper too! Hugs, Merry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Merry, a little different for me NO flowers lol lol

      Delete