Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Karen Jarman - Guest Designer Project Share

I was so excited to be asked to be a guest designer for D-lish this month. Once I got over the excitement though the panic set in, what would I create, would anyone like it, what was I thinking accepting this? Well after a strong talking to myself I just sat back and started one page at a time. So here goes ...

Remember this Moment

A photo of me and my nephew taken a couple of years ago when he was learning to write. I decided to go with some ‘white space’ on this layout and started with modelling paste and ink spray for the background and got searching my D-lish stash and used the following; Paper Doilies (silver), Pink Fresh Studio Colour block Veneers – Geotags, Paper Flowers – Rambling Rose (white), Wild Roses (black), Small Roses (Black), I finished off with some ink splatters, I mean who doesn't love to splatter ink.

Love

Using a photo of my son when he was 16 years old. Again I have created a mixed media background by colouring modelling paste with an ink spray. I then placed ink spray onto a piece of plastic and dabbed down the page. I then sprayed the Scrap FX Love Scribble Frame and Chipboard Mini Word with the same spray as the background. I am in love with the Scrap FX products! I layered some patterned paper and all that was left was to stick it all down. This layout came together very quickly and with the awesome chipboard frame I didn't think it needed anything else.

XOXO

Another photo of my boy, this time at his Formal last year, and you guessed it another mixed media background! For this one I layered paper vertically across the page and lightly covered the paper with gesso and ink and then played with the Scrap FX Diamond Confetti stencil and placed ink splatters around. I layered up some more paper and also used one of the project life cards from the Pink Fresh Studio up in the Clouds collection and mounted my photo. Although I don’t scrap project life I do love the cards and often use them as the background on my layouts. All other things D-lish I used are Pink Fresh Up in the Clouds Foil die cuts, Paper leaves (white) which I placed gold ink around the edges to give them some pop! Along with Apple Blossoms (white) which I coloured with my ink sprays and lastly Flair Button Metallic Gold.

Happy

And lastly to show that a simple layout can pop with just a couple of great embellishments. A photo or my son and I taken a few years ago. This layout features Pink Fresh Up in the Clouds Foil die cuts and Paper Roses (white) again I coloured them in ink to match the patterned paper. 

Phew that’s over! Thanks so much to Amanda and the team for allowing me to create and share this 
month!

Cheers Karen.

No comments:

Post a Comment