Monday, May 11, 2015

God Only Knows Layout with Linda


Hi again!

Linda here again, and I've got a layout to share today.  I was inspired by this month's mood board--the sketch in particular, but also the colours.



 So I took the sketch and flipped it, also making that central panel, thinner.  Instead of having two focal areas, as shown in the sketch, I chose to do one long continuous section, with the photo in the same position as on the image.  The colours I picked are based out of the colour scheme also.

Despite them not really being huge when I was growing up (I'm too young for that *cough*), I'm a HUGE fan of The Beach Boys, and my favourite song of theirs is God Only Knows. The melody itself is just delightful, but the words kill me every time I listen to it.

I was looking through some photos of my girls the other day and this little one of my youngest fell out of the pile into my lap, and I proceeded to burst into tears looking at how tiny she was. Olivia is our last baby and I'm trying so hard to soak up every moment with her, and I'm quite sure she knows it because not only is she a sweet little delight, but she sticks by me almost all day in the nicest way. It's like she knows I need to really enjoy every moment with her because it's the last time I'll experience it.

So while I made this layout, I had the song playing and this is what 'came out':




I started with a long thin panel of Hand Dyed Muslin in Light Pink, and then I layered the following items around the photo, and along the muslin:

Aqua/Blue Wire
Tutu Bloom Ivory
LB Boutique Elements Camden Cottage Bisque
LB_Kraft Expressions-Kraft Beaded Butterflies
Cabochons-Floral
Resin Bow Grab Bag
Skipping 5 Puffy Things-Heart Banners
Wood Filigree Heart
SFX-Hash Corner
Felt Doily Frame Small-Pink/Purple

I also added some Heidi Swapp Colorshine in Rose, thickers, the handwritten journalling and the border is using an American Crafts journalling Pen, the white letter stickers are Simon Says Stamp-Kelly Purkey, and the hash chipboard was coloured using White Hero Arts Unicorn Ink.


That's it for me this month! I hope you've enjoyed my projects!

Of course, if you have any questions, please feel free to leave them in the comments below!

Hope to see you again soon!

Linda x

No comments:

Post a Comment